Laptop Samsung NP900X3E won’t turn on, won’t power on, there is no display, just a black screen. This is a general diagnostic and repair steps to fix these problems.
Troubleshooting laptop Samsung NP900X3E won’t boot, won’t power on, no display just black screen
When you push on the Power Button the Power led lights ON or NOT, your Samsung NP900X3E won’t turn on or won’t boot, and there is no display just a black screen.
Possible problem and the fixes steps:
- Battery has no charge left; you press the Power Button on your Samsung NP900X3E nothing happens. There is no display just a black screen. In this case most likely the battery has no charge left. The device Motherboard doesn’t receive any power, laptop cannot turn on, to solve this problem, plug in your Samsung NP900X3E and let it charge for up to one hour. After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen. If it was just a low battery the phone will come on by itself.
- The AC adapter failed; the battery has no charge left, Motherboard doesn’t receive any power from AC Adapter. In this case try with another charger or check AC adapter with a Multimeter. If it’s dead, replaced with a new one.
- Power circuit in wrong state or Over volt protection trips; your laptop Samsung NP900X3E has static electric charge made Power Circuit in wrong state. With the laptop power off, disconnect the AC Adapter, Unplug battery power connection from laptop motherboard, hold down power button for 30 seconds, and then reconnect the battery power connection to the motherboard connector. This should restore the system to normal operating mode.
- Screen faulty or bad video cable connection; laptop Samsung NP900X3E turns on, but screen is black, with Power led lights ON. Test the laptop with an external monitor connected to the HDMI port or VGA port, press the appropriate key to switch to it (Fn key + F4 key in most laptop). If the external monitor works fine. In this case most likely you have a faulty screen or bad video cable connection. Check them and replace the faulty one.
- Power button failed; The AC adapter is OK, the charged led lights ON, but when you press the Power Button on your Samsung NP900X3E nothing happens. Test Power Button ON/OFF Continuity with Multimeter, if there is no continuity when you push on the power button. The Power button has to be repaired or replaced.
- Hardware failure; your Samsung NP900X3E powers on, but there is no display just black screen with Power led light ON. It’s possible one of the Hardware failed. In this case you can try to disassemble the laptop to bare minimum and test again the hardware, one by one, replace the faulty hardware.
- Some electronics components on the motherboard failed; your Samsung NP900X3E won’t turn on or turn on without display. It’s possible some electronics components on the motherboard failed. Disassemble the laptop and Check electronics components continuity, Voltage and temperature with a Multimeter. Check Laptop Power System, you will need an electronic Schematic Diagram for Laptop Samsung NP900X3E. The failed electronic component has to be replaced.
- BIOS failed; if the Power System and electronics components on the motherboard are good, there is chance you have failed BIOS, reprogram or replace the BIOS chip.
- Motherboard dead. The Samsung NP900X3E motherboard has to be replaced.
For other Samsung NP900X3E problems write a comment.