How to fix laptop Acer Aspire V5-473G Black Screen on start up, there is no display on boot.
When you press the power button your laptop Acer Aspire V5-473G turns on, however has a black screen with no Acer logo, the backlight on the LCD may or may not be on, there is chance you have failed BIOS, is quite common problem recently with Acer on Windows 8, solved by flash the BIOS with USB flash Drive.
Before start flash your machine Acer Aspire V5-473G with USB drive, try out those solutions.
Power circuit in wrong state or Over volt protection trips; you press the power button but nothing happens, laptop Acer Aspire V5-473G turns on but there is no display just a black screen, your laptop has static electric charge made power circuit in wrong state. Unplug AC adapter, take out the battery and hold down power button for 30 seconds, the static charge will dissipate. Plug in the AC Adapter and turn on your laptop Acer Aspire V5-473G. This should restore the system to normal operating mode.
RAM or Hardware failure; your Acer Aspire V5-473G powers on, but there is no display just black screen with Power led light ON. It’s possible the memory module (RAM) failed. In this case you can try cleaning and reseating memory module. If reseating / replacing memory doesn’t help, try removing the hard drive, wireless card, SD card, keyboard, etc… In other words, disassemble the laptop to bare minimum and test again one by one, replace the faulty hardware.
Screen faulty or bad video cable connection; laptop Acer Aspire V5-473G turns on, but screen is black, with Power led lights ON. Test the laptop with an external monitor connected to the HDMI port, VGA port, press the appropriate key to switch to it. If the external monitor works fine and load the operation system, most likely you have a faulty screen or bad video cable connection. Check them and replace the faulty one.
How to flash Acer Aspire V5-473G BIOS with a USB flash Drive and fix black screen problem.
Disclaimer: Please follow the below at your discretion, as I will not take any responsibility for problems encountered or any damage that could occur. This may also void your warranty. You are flashing at your own risk.
CAUTION: please read the above caution again.
- Step 1: Go to Acer Aspire V5-473G support page from here and download the correct BIOS file.
- Step 2: Unzip the Acer Aspire V5-473G BIOS file into the root of your FAT32 formatted USB Thumb Drive.
- Note: You must format your USB for FAT32, and please note that some Acer bios download files are zip or extractable .exe (Use the smallest USB Thumb Drive you could find).
- Step 3: make sure your laptop is off and battery in. Plug in the AC adapter.
- Step 4: Insert the USB Drive into one of the USB ports on the Acer Aspire V5-473G laptop.
- Step 5: Hold ESC & FN key and while holding then press the power button.
- Step 6: Keep holding for a few moments until you see data on the screen.
Your laptop should start up now again.