June 25, 2019 Update
Greetings fellow Atheios enthusiasts and supporters. With the sad news of Berran leaving the project for personal reasons...
Greetings fellow Atheios enthusiasts and supporters. With the sad news of Berran leaving the project for personal reasons, the community members were thrust into a difficult position. The actions taken by the community in the first 24 hours of Berrans departure shows that we will NOT let this project fall to the wayside. We joined Atheios because we believed in the potential. That potential has not changed.
Several members of the community stepped up immediately to mitigate the damage done from Berrans abrupt departure. Atheios has always had a strong community. That community, including you, is what will secure the future for the Atheios project.
• NETWORK: Currently the Atheios network, blockchain, and contract deployment are functional and healthy. The team has been working diligently on the backend to secure the chain and prepare for additional safe guards and security. Upcoming changes to the current outdated code include implementing PIRL Guard, a new developer fund address, and an adjustment to the monetary policy to increase the developer fund.
RPC Server Port: 8696
Websocket RPC Server Port: 8697
Network Listening Port: 30696
Network Discovery Port: 30697
Network ID: 11235813
Chain ID: 1620
Forked from Gubiq v2.3.0
Ubiq Flux Difficulty Algo
• NETWORK UPGRADE: All Mining pools, exchanges and node hosts are required to upgrade their nodes before BLOCK 1,655,555. IF you do not upgrade before block 1,655,555 you will be forked onto an alternative chain. At Block 1,655,555 Pirl Guard will be activated for additional chain security and the developer fund address will be changed to one controlled by the current team. Please make sure your node is running V2.0.0 – Goodbye Dad before block 1,655,555. The update will be released asap. Please watch the discord for announcements.
• MINING: Network hash rate is down but stable. Several community members have dedicated their mining power to the network to keep the chain secure. If you believe in ATH long-term and you are a miner, now is a great time to mine! The network upgrade will affect the monetary policy for the dev funds ONLY. Mining rewards will not deviate from the current policy and will remain unchanged.
• WALLETS: Currently MEW, Metamask and Web wallets are being worked on and functionality should be restored shortly. We thank you for your patience as we deal with this.
• WEBSITE: Unfortunately Berran held access to Atheios.com and we have been unable to reach him. Because of this a new website must be created. Our new address (currently undecided) will be hosted on Ether-1's ethoFS Platform. The new website design is underway and will host all the features you appreciated on the old website. We recognize that a functional website is critical for newcomers and veterans alike. Getting it up and running remains a priority.
• EXCHANGES: Our current exchange listings have not been affected and remain live. Where possible, the team has been in communication with exchanges to solidify our relationship and preserve our valuable listings. Exchanges have been notified of the upcoming network upgrade and should transition smoothly.
On a longer timeline, code security and functionality remain a top focus. Atheios as a blockchain product cannot be successful unless tested, battle-hardened, and constantly improved. Updating the code to a more current, friendlier version will serve not only security but ease of interaction of developers and enthusiasts alike.
Additionally, a more formal structure of team members, contributing members, and governance are in discussion and will be brought to the community for input. Solid leadership is critical for our future.
This has been a difficult time for anyone who is an Atheios fan, holder, investor, or supporter. More difficulties lie ahead. If this project was easy we suspect Berran would not have left us. However, difficult tasks can yield satisfying rewards.
The current Atheios team of community members has been working tirelessly to insure a healthy future for the Atheios project. If you are reading this, then YOU are part of this team.
Join us in discord and share your thoughts. Working together we can all have a part in getting Atheios to where it deserves to be, at the forefront of blockchain integration in video games.
June 18, 2019 News
With great sadness we must inform you that Berran, founder & lead developer of Atheios, has left the project and shut down a lot of infrastructure with it...
Well, we never thought this would happen. But it did. Shortly after the one-year anniversary of Atheios, Berran walked away from the project for personal reasons.
It is amazing to see that immediately after this sad event the Atheios community grouped together immediately to discuss moving forward. We are currently assessing and discussing different options, but one thing is clear: we, as a strong community, are committed to making the next “Atheios” broader and stronger. Existing network strength, security and health will remain a primary focus as we overcome this challenge.
Keep calm and HODL on. Blockchain and video games are not going anywhere and neither is Atheios..
May 12, 2019 Gaming
Bloxxchain is very easy game to learn, but don't be tricked: it is also challenging...
Bloxxchain is very easy game to learn, but don't be tricked: it is also challenging. Lay a puzzle without dropping pieces in an unordered fashion. Once a line is completly filled it is ready to be transferred to the bloxxchain. More lines done at once: more points. The goal is to reach as much points in a single player mode. But be aware You are competing with others and there are jokers who can make Your live miserable... Check out the leader board for single players and make sure You beat them all. If You stay on the 3 top places, then You get Your gaming reward from the Atheios blockchain.
In the multiplayer mode people are playing against each other.
Any question? Reach out to us and we will get back to you shortly.